Friday, September 26, 2008

Where'd the Hair Go?

Several of you commented that my hair seems a lot shorter in the recent blog posts. There's a reason for that. My good friend Carrie had some fun playing with scissors.

The thought was that if I didn't cut my hair during the year I was gone, maybe it would be long enough to donate when I returned to the country.

Most places require 10 inches. To my great surprise, my ponytail measured in at 15. Guess that will do.

Carrie was a bit nervous because I kept making her cut more off. But how else are you going to end up with lovely hair covered shoulders? Plus, she's an expert in disguise. She definitely has a backup career if dance falls through.



Greg begged us to keep the ponytail after it was cut off to help him speed up growing out his beard, but in the end he caved and let us send it in to Locks of Love*, he figured they needed it more.


*"Locks of Love is a public non-profit organization that provides hairpieces to financially disadvantaged children in the United States and Canada under age 18 suffering from long-term medical hair loss from any diagnosis." (http://www.locksoflove.org/)

No comments: